Beautiful People is a writers meme hosted by Cait @ Notebook Sisters and Sky @ Further Up and Further In ! Every month there is a set of ten questions that they post for everyone to answer about their characters! It's both a way for readers to get to know your characters better and for you too. This meme is done once a month and both Grace and Steele will be participating!
Steele's Villain is Jameson from A War Of Queens
Jameson is not the main villain in A War Of Queens, he's misunderstood and goes about things the wrong way, and undoubtedly has his evil moments. But there are worse characters than him, though he is the one I wanted to write about. =)
1. What is their motive? Jameson thinks he is doing the only thing he can to protect his love.
2. What do they want, and what are they prepared to do to get it? Well he wants to be with his love(who is unaware of his feelings), and is prepared to go as far as letting his kingdom be destroyed unleashing all forms of chaos, if it means saving his love.
3. How do they deal with conflict? So far he hasn't really had to deal with much conflict, but when he does he tends to run away. Because he's kind of a wimp.
4. Describe their current place of residence. Big fairytale-like castle.
5. If they were writing this story, how would it end? Honestly, I think everyone would die and it would just be him and his love left to live out their lives with only each other.
6. What habits, speech patterns, etc. are unique to them? Hmm...he talks like a priss and struts around as if he is the King(which he isn't).
7. How do they show love? What do they like to do with/for people they love? Um well he's willing to destroy the whole kingdom so he can be with his love, does that count?
8. Do they have any pets? He has four giant wolves that pull his carriage(rather than horses)!
9. Where would they go to relax/think? To the forest! Where he attacks helpless trees to get rid of his pent up energy/anger.
10. What is their weapon of choice? (FYI: words, eyes/looks, and fists count as weapons too.) Espionage? Cunningness? Because he's part of the guard and working for the enemy!(Spoiler!) He also fights with a long sword that has been passed down generation to generation starting with the first Captain of the Guard.
Grace's Villain is Juliet from The Lost Princess
Juliet, like Jameson, is not the main villain of the book. She is a very mysterious character with a very complicated background. A lot of her actions and words seem to be very self-serving, and there is definitely some points in the book where she just seems to be ruining the life of my main character. She is the most obvious villain of The Lost Princess, but she isn't the main antagonist.
1. What is their motive? Juliet does whatever she wants, because she is bored. Basically, she is on the search for free entertainment, which is unfortunately found in my heroine, Alexandria Frost.
2. What do they want, and what are they prepared to do to get it? After being alive for so long (hundreds of years), Juliet has little to do other than find tragic lovers (free entertainment). She can tear them apart or push them closer together. She can't resist being a matchmaker, after changing many people's love life. Juliet will almost do anything to see the ending of the lovers' tale.
3. How do they deal with conflict? With magic. She will turn her problems into clams or stones with a single snap of her finger.
4. Describe their current place of residence. Her current place of residence is Myers Island. And yes, she does take up the entire island. It is a tropical island with a large jungle, and it is beautifully surrounded by the ocean.
5. If they were writing this story, how would it end? Oh, I think Juliet would perhaps torture everyone for fun and write herself a happy ending.
6. What habits, speech patterns, etc. are unique to them? Juliet is like a femme fatale. She will use her body, her voice, her beauty as a weapon. Kind of like a siren, yes. She can switch from persona to persona.
7. How do they show love? What do they like to do with/for people they love? Love? Oh... Juliet is so complicated. Her emotions are hidden away underneath a mask. But she will do anything, even break the world, for the people she loves.
8. Do they have any pets? She used to. Before she turned it into a clam. I bet she considers her victims her pets.
9. Where would they go to relax/think? Far, far away from her seafood problems. Because of her magical powers, she can run anywhere to escape her problems and find a solution. Her most favorite places are the lonely, cool places with the moon shining brightly nearby. Mountains, mostly.
10. What is their weapon of choice? Magic. Juliet is very creative, but she loves using magic, spells, and rituals. But she does enjoy using words to create doubt among her enemies.
This was loads of fun and we'd love to see yours so leave us links in the comments below!