Friday, September 12, 2014

Weekly Muse #2: Inspirational Quotes

Steele here today to bring you our second Weekly Muse(which is also my first!). Last week Penelope shared some songs that inspire her to write and while I love that idea and you can expect many music recommendations from me in the future, I thought I'd share some of my favorite/inspirational quotes with you today!
These are in no particular order, most of these are from some of my favorite books and inspire me to write something so great.


1.This is one of those that I just love and inspires me to write something as epic as this.



"I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.” 

Oh, Augustus Waters how you make me swoon.

2. This quote just speaks to my soul...okay?


“Just... isn't giving up allowed sometimes? Isn't it okay to say, ‘This really hurts, so I’m going to stop trying’?”
“It sets a dangerous precedent.”
“For avoiding pain?”
“For avoiding life.” 

3. This quote just...gives me feels and inspires me to want to write something that will make someone else feel a fraction of what this makes me feel.


“I don't like you, Park," she said, sounding for a second like she actually meant it. "I..." - her voice nearly disappeared - "think I live for you."
He closed his eyes and pressed his head back into his pillow.
"I don't think I even breathe when we're not together," she whispered. "Which means, when I see you on Monday morning, it's been like sixty hours since I've taken a breath. That's probably why I'm so crabby, and why I snap at you. All I do when we're apart is think about you, and all I do when we're together is panic. Because every second feels so important. And because I'm so out of control, I can't help myself. I'm not even mine anymore, I'm yours, and what if you decide that you don't want me? How could you want me like I want you?"
He was quiet. He wanted everything she'd just said to be the last thing he heard. He wanted to fall asleep with 'I want you' in his ears.” 

4. This, in my opinion, is the perfect ending to a series, it's the last paragraph in Requiem by Lauren Oliver.


“Take down the walls. 
That is, after all, the whole point. 
You do not know what will happen if you take down the walls; you cannot see through to the other side, don't know whether it will bring freedom or ruin, resolution or chaos. It might be paradise or destruction. 
Take down the walls.
Otherwise you must live closely, in fear, building barricades against the unknown, saying prayers against the darkness, speaking verse of terror and tightness.
Otherwise you may never know hell; but you will not find heaven, either. You will not know fresh air and flying.
All of you, wherever you are: in your spiny cities, or your one bump towns. Find it, the hard stuff, the links of metal and chink, the fragments of stone filling your stomach. 
And pull, and pull, and pull.
I will make a pact with you: I will do it if you will do it, always and forever.
Take down the walls.” 

5. This is from one of my all time favorite contemporary books.

“Words were different when they lived inside of you.” 

bonus!

“I bet you could sometimes find all the mysteries of the universe in someone's hand.” 

6. These last two are from the same book. I love this book so much, it's a fantasy/paranormal series called Chronicles Of Nick both quotes are from book 4(Inferno) and this author writes beautifully. I always love finding these little pieces of gold in the middle of a book about demons.


"It doesn’t matter what other people think. The only opinion that really matters is yours. We are all the writers of our lives. We can make our stories comedies or tragedies. Tales of horror, or of inspiration. Your attitude and your fortitude and courage are what determine your destiny, Nick.… Life is hard and it sucks for all. Every person you meet is waging his or her own war against a callous universe that is plotting against them. And we are all battle-weary. But in the midst of our hell, there is always something we can hold on to, whether it’s a dream of the future or a memory of the past, or a warm hand that soothes us. We just have to take a moment during the fight to remember that we’re not alone, and that we’re not just fighting for ourselves. We’re fighting for the people we love.” -- Acheron” 

7. 
“You've been my teachers, clergy, my fellow students, coworkers, bosses, principals, sometimes you were a former friend or even family I once trusted. You've taken things I told you in utter confidence, and twisted them into lies to be used against me. Without cause, you have told lies against me. You have refused to see me as a human being. You have kicked me when I was up and you have kicked me when I was down. But today, you will kick me no more, I will no longer be your verbal or physical punching bag, Today, I discovered the secret that will never allow you or friends, who will one day turn on you too, to hurt me again. Today as I lay broken and bleeding in that dark place I crawl into when I think I can't take it anymore, I found something extraordinary. My humanity. As my soul screamed in bleeding agony and I wanted to die rather than live one more day in a world where you exist, I realized that my tears and ability to feel pain without lashing out to return that hurt to someone else makes me human.” 

This quote, this quote. It's about bullies and while I have never been bullied this quote just gets to me and I feel like every person in the world needs to read it and maybe have it tattooed on an intimate body part.


Until next time!

Write on, write on.

-Alex Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)