Friday, October 3, 2014

Weekly Muse #5: Alex Steele's Inspirational Landscapes

Since Penelope hijacked my Advice For Writers Post last week I'm hijacking her Weekly Muse! All in good fun of course. This week I want to share some pictures with you. I love looking at beautiful pictures of real landscapes, the kinds that look too perfect to be real, that inspire me. So here some of them are!



1. This is called Dragon's blood trees, the picture comes from Socotra, Yemen, they just look so...creepy and almost mystical.
Dragon's Blood trees in Socotra
2. This is in Sossusvlei, Namibia, I imagine it as good inspiration for a post apocalyptic world.
Sossusvlei, Namibia
3.Rice terraces, Bali, Indonesia. Fairytale-like world anyone?


Bali rice terraces
4."Door to Hell," Derweze, Turkmenistan. A dragon must live there don't you think?


"Door to Hell," Derweze, Turkmenistan
5.Tunnel of Love, Klevan, Ukraine. I feel like this is another one good for inspiring fantasy / forbidden love kind of stories.


6. Mount Roraima, South America. Perfect for an epic magical adventure, complete with flying heroes and, of course, a tragic love story. 



7. Sea of Stars, Vaadhoo Island, Maldives. I don't know about you, but I think mermaids live here.
Sea%20of%20Stars%2C%20Vaadhoo%20Island%2C%20Maldives

So that's it for today, Penelope will be back next week with a Weekly Muse post and make sure to comment down below on which landscape is your favorite!

Write on, write on.

-Alex Steele

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those are some amazing pictures. I have a sudden urge to go write fantasy again now. Nooo, must focus on sci-fi. I love the name of the Dragon's Blood trees. Thanks for the inspiring post! I think it was like muse coffee. She's brewing up a few ideas now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I get that too. That little impulse to write something new. It is so annoying. I keep on telling myself that I need to a lot of editing, but I just want to create new things. So frustrating!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you found inspiration(even if you can't use it yet)!
      I think the coolest thing about the Dragons Blood trees is their name. =)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)