Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Our Journey So Far #13: Steele's NaNoWriMo 2014 Wrap Up!

Alex Steele here with another "Our Journey So Far" post, where we like to keep you updated on all our writing progress! Today, I'm mainly going to be talking about my NaNo novel. For those of you who don't know about NaNoWriMo, it's an event where thousands of writers try and write a 50,000 word novel in just 30 days. So, this is my NaNo update. Look at what's coming next!
This World In Gray. If you follow our blog, then you've probably heard me talk about this endlessly. My NaNo novel, which is a contemporary YA, is all about the power that grief can hold over you. This is so widely different from anything else I'd ever written, and I loved every minute of it.

It turned out way longer than I'd thought it was going to be, clocking in at about 100,000 words... all of which I wrote in November. I didn't know I had it in me! My biggest writing day was the last day where I wrote 18,666 words, the most I've ever written in one day... that was exhausting. =(

So, yeah, that's what I've been doing, writing. I took it kind of slow (it doesn't sound like it but I did), took my time with it and am pretty dang happy with the outcome so far!

Future Plans: For right now, I am staying concentrated on This World In Gray (TWIG). I've been doing small editing all month to print it out for my brother and mom to read and edit, so next I will be editing/revising. I do plan on querying it as soon as possible, but for now, I'm just going to stay focused on making it the best I can!

Other projects:

Dragon Heir. I am still planning my major rewrite of this. I have it re-outlined and ready to be re-done. I'm going to be switching it from 1st person to 2nd person, cutting out half the POVs and possibly changing the tense. Basically, lots of work. I am putting it off until I'm done editing TWIG as I want to be able to fully concentrate on Dragon Heir and nothing else while rewriting it.

Of course, I have other projects and novels but for now they are kind of on the sidelines, so nothing new to report on them!


How are you doing? What are you working on? Let me know in the comments below!

write on, write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)