Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Our Journey So Far #18: The Beginning

Steele here today with another update on my writing journey. The title of this post...the beginning...the beginning of what? My revisions!

Today's post is going to be fairly short, just a small update, so here we go!
Revising This World In Gray:

I only like to focus on one thing at a time. I'm going to be going by months, which is the plan for this year. To start I am revising and editing This World In Gray, which was my NaNo novel in November.

What am I doing currently? Well, I'm doing primary edits and revisions where I read through it, focusing on small things, not the big picture yet, while my brother is reading/critiquing and editing it behind me. This, for me, is kind of the calm before the storm. Next I'll input my brother's edits and everything, then read through the book as a whole, taking notes. Then I will design the next few stages.

I have edited before and this method worked pretty well for me then, so I don't really plan on changing it much!

What's the end goal? Ideally...I'd like to be done with revisions by the end of the month.... Is this an achievable goal? Hard to say. Really, it depends on how much work actually needs to be done which I won't really know till I get to my reread which is stage three. Still, that's my tentative goal and if I don't reach it...eh. I'll continue work on it!

So, that's it. I'm not going to talk about any of my other projects as I don't want to even think about them right now, just put them from my mind to deal with later.


What are you working on?

Write on, write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)