Thursday, January 1, 2015

Our Writing Wishlists!

So, this is a linkup that was started by the brilliant Kyra@Diary Of A Teen Writer and we thought it sounded fun so were going to jump in on it! Basically, it's like any wishlist Dear Santa Christmas list but instead its full of all the things you want to eventually write! You can see her post here, to get a better idea of it all! 


Steele's Writing Wishlist:

I want to write a horror story. I want it to be at least mildly scary, I want the characters to be in constant peril and I want it to be high tension... With an epic plot, as a lot of "horror", in my experience, lacks a good plot. Also, if it could about ghosts that would be even better!

• I want to write a mystery. I love a good mystery book and think it would be loads of fun to write one!


• Write a YA series with a male main character. You just don't see as many YA books with male main characters as with female. Also, I'd like for the main character gay or bi, too. I have written from a male POV before but with contemporary, which isn't the same thing!


• Write a fairytale retelling. I actually have a vague idea for this one, a series actually, but it needs a lot of work because if I'm going to do one i want it to be super unique which, in a blossoming genre, can be hard.


• I want to write a zombie book. I know zombies are overdone and honestly a lot of people just don't care anymore but I still want to write a book with zombies in it!


• I want to write a hilariously ridiculous book...maybe a children's book?



Grace's Writing Wishlist:


I'm sure this is going to be ridiculous to some of you, but oh, well. Here we go.
  • I want to write an angel book. Oh, yes. I've done it before. (See Benevolence). But I want to do it. Again. I don't care what you guys think, but I want to do it. Unfortunately, it might turn out to be very similar to Destiel fanfiction. 
  • I want to write YA Historical Fiction. Let's not forget about how awesome some of those ladies were back then. 
  • I want to write another YA Fairy Tale Retelling. Hahaha. This is going to be hilarious. After all, I wrote like three or four retellings. One involves "East of the Sun, West of the Moon." Another is "King Thrushbeard." The third is a retelling of "The Snow Queen," "Snow White," and "Sleeping Beauty." Oh, yes. I sort of mixed three fairy tales together. And I can't forget about my "Cinderella" retelling! 
  • I need to write a male main character. Which seems unlikely. Everyone I've written is from a female perspective and a female ghost (long story). 
  • I want to write a YA Contemporary based in modern day high school. Which I'm currently writing. But I'm procrastinating, because that is what I do.
  • I want to
Okay. That is enough. Obviously, I'm going to ramble on and on for another hour or so. 

Don't forget to tell us something on your writing wishlist and check out Kyra's Post!


Write on. Write on.

3 comments:

  1. These sound like really cool ideas! I especially like the zombie idea, Steele, and angel stories, Grace. They're definitely things I'd pick up, if they were written. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've kind of always just wanted to write a zombie novel...it just seems like something I need to do! =)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! And Happy New Year to you!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)