Friday, January 2, 2015

Weekly Muse #18: Inspirational Quotes Round 2!

Alex Steele today to bring you some inspiring quotes for your dose of muse! I don't know if you remember, but my first ever Muse post was inspiring quotes. These were quotes from some of my favorite books, you can see it here. This week I'm doing something similar but specifically with writing quotes. I have most of these taped to the wall above my desk so that I can see them while I'm writing, to help me feel inspired. I hope maybe they can inspire you too!

I was going to do a brief explanation of why I like each quote, why it speaks to me. Instead, I'm going to let the quotes speak for themselves.

Inspirational Writing Quotes:

1. "Writing stories is a kind of magic, too.”
― Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

2. "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” 
― Maya Angelou

3. “There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” 
― Ernest Hemingway

4. “You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write.” 
― Saul Bellow

5. “Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.” 
― Lloyd Alexander

6. “No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.” 
― Robert Frost

7. “We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.” 
― Ana├»s Nin



Tell me, what's your favorite writing quote or piece of advice?

Write on. Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)