Friday, January 9, 2015

Weekly Muse #19: Inspirational Quotes Round 3!

Alex Steele here once more. We're trying to get things back in order on Grace & Steele so even though I did Weekly Muse last week, I'm also doing it this week. Grace will back with her next dose of muse next Friday!

So, last week I shared some inspiring writing-related quotes that I love and there are just so many, so I thought I'd build on that once more and share another few with you! I love collecting quotes and I love writing them out and taping them to my bedroom walls, not only do the actual messages inspire me but it inspires me to write something as beautiful. 

1. “I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.” 
― Anne Frank

2. "I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of.” 
― Joss Whedon

3. “All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.” 
― Ernest Hemingway

4. “You can make anything by writing.” 
― C.S. Lewis

5. “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” 
― Neil Gaiman

6. "The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them -- words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a tellar but for want of an understanding ear.” 
― Stephen King

7.“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world, I mean everybody — no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds... Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe.” 
― Neil Gaiman

Please share with me some of your favorite quotes, writing related and otherwise, down below!

Write on. Write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)