Saturday, February 7, 2015

Beautiful People #3: Valentine's Edition!

10928109_595959117172101_1450331761_n

Beautiful people is a meme created by Cait @ Paperfury and  Sky @Further Up and Further, This meme comes along once a month and it's all about writing! This month is focused on romantic relationships! Do check out this meme if you're a writer as it's lots of fun, you can check it out here!

Grace:
Honestly, this is going to be the hardest thing to do of all time. I don't really have a "canon" couple. And some couples don't always get together until the very end, so...
I think I will probably go to a couple that gets together around the middle of the book. Winter's Call. The main couple is Theo and Pallas. (Winter's Call is my retelling of "East of the Sun, West of the Moon."
  1. How long have they been a couple? Well, they start getting their boots together around the midsection of the book. So... not long. 
  2. How did they first meet? At a party. That is the most I can say without telling everyone about all the spoilers in this book.
  3. What were their first thoughts of each other? (Love at first sight or “you’re freakishly annoying”?) Pallas' first thought is definitely something like this: "Oh, my gosh. Look at that face. I'll hit that." Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but... I'll work with that. And Theo's thoughts? Probably something like... "I got stuck with her!?! Dang it!" Not exactly the most romantic couple.
  4. What do they do that most annoys each other? To Pallas, it is Theo and his secrets. Secrets within secrets, within secrets. It is all as if he is part of a conspiracy... or maybe he is! (Spoilers. Can't tell!) To Theo, it is the way she never listens to him (when most convenient, of course). 
  5. Are their personalities opposite or similar? More like different. Not like opposites, though.
  6. How would their lives be different without each other? If Theo left Pallas alone, she probably wouldn't get into the mess at the ending. 
  7. Are they ever embarrassed of each other? No! No. I say that Theo is rather proud of Pallas. And Pallas... well, she gets a bit cranky at him in the ending (of the first book).
  8. Does anyone disapprove of their relationship? Probably Theo's mother. Hard to tell. (She isn't even in the book).
  9. Do they see their relationship as long-term/leading to marriage? I think they have a lot of work to do before it leads to marriage. Pallas has a lot of loyalty and spirit. Theo has stability (but a lot of skeletons in his closet). 
  10. If they could plan the “perfect outing” together, where would they go? Outside. In the snow. Anywhere in the snow. And alone.

And that is it. Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

-Grace

14 comments:

  1. A meme for writers? I might have to join in then. :D

    Great answers, by the way! I like how your answers to #10 are very similar. It sounds like so much happens during both stories that each couple just wants some alone time once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Things do get crazy in the books.

      And seriously, don't be afraid to join in!

      Delete
    2. Haha, yes all my characters want is some peace and quiet!

      You should definitely join in, it's so much fun!

      Delete
  2. I love Theo and Pallas's #10! I love the snow <3

    I really like Noel, too. Like, a lot.

    Great couples! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Snow is amazing, in my opinion. Can't go without it.

      Delete
    2. Haha, thanks! I really like Noel too, he's shaping up to be one of my favorite characters.

      And I agree with you both, snow is epic! =)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, Theo and Pallas sound like a fabulous couple, with much secrets and conflict. Q10 is definitely a gem. Noel and Lei are just like such a perfect pair I can't believe they exist. Much feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, question 10 is definitely one of the best! And thanks, yeah while Noel and Lei definitely have their problems they really do fit together kind of perfectly, almost makes me regret having to tear them apart a couple times throughout the book... =D

      Delete
    2. Yep. Theo and Pallas have a lot of problems, but they can work it out. And I agree. Question 10 is amazing.

      Delete
  4. Hi again girls! I hope the novels are coming along great! (Sorry it took me a while to drop by.)

    Grace: I laughed at ‘not the most romantic couple’!!! Those are the couples I like the best. Pallas... unusual name, but I like it. c: These characters are unusual in general and I’m interested to find out more about them.
    Steele: What intrigued me about Noel and Lei is how different they are. I wonder how they’d ever be able to settle their differences enough to get together.

    Both: so... how many novels have you guys got!? Maybe I'm just starting to forget (from looking at so many link-ups) but it feels like you guys talk about a different one each time. Overachievers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah Noel and Lei definitely have some problems, lots of ups and downs in that relationship! I'm still not sure how they're going to manage.

      Yeah, we are overachievers! With this one I honestly haven't started writing this book yet! I've written quite a few things but of novels that I count and am still working on I have about four and then a bunch that either need to be completely scrapped and rewritten or that I'm just outlining! And yes, we do tend to talk about different novels every time. =)

      Hope your writing is going good!

      Delete
    2. Pallas is Greek. And yes, it is unusual.

      As for novels, we have too many put together! A small library!

      Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  5. Haha I like the contrast between your two sets of characters. :-)

    AND THE NAMES! You two have some excellent naming skill. Pallas is fantastic (though I must admit, at first I thought it was a guy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      And about Pallas: Pallas is a Greek name meaning "girl."

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)