Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Our Journey So Far #24: Alex Steele's Chaotic Mind!

Hmm, what did I talk about last time? Sorry, excuse me while I check... Right, I talked about my February plans! Exciting stuff, really. =)

Let's just jump on in, okay?


Last time I talked about my shiny new ideas that are currently all over the place. Really, not only is it a mess in the office in my brain but my room! I have notes all over the place (which isn't unusual but seems even more chaotic than it normally is). I also talked about how I'm concentrating on editing both Friendzone and Hunters Of Artemis this month. I didn't go into much detail on anything so let's start there.

Friendzone:

Stage: Stage two of editing (which is actually like stage three cause I edited once back in September).

How's it going? Well, I read through it all the way and did some smaller edits, then I made my master list of things that need work! Luckily, it wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be! I've been working on rewriting with my master list and so far it's coming along really well, I think.

Hunters Of Artemis:

Stage: stage one of editing!

How's It Going? Well, I haven't actually started yet... I don't like working on two things at once, so Friendzone first then this. But, I have - I think - figured out the missing plot points that I need to make it even better! Now, this is a book I haven't touched since last July...it was my Camp NaNo novel and it's been sitting for a long time! So, it's going to be really fun to get back to it. Plus I've been working a lot on Contemporary recently and this is fantasy/dystopian so that's exciting!

Other things: I haven't started a shiny new idea though I started character outlining some. The thing is I've been having so many self-doubting moments recently, which is never fun and has me a tad intimidated when it comes to starting a new novel. However, I need to edit anyway and actually I've been having fun editing. And doing a lot! I haven't had much time for anything else, but who needs to eat, and sleep, and read, when they could be editing, right???

That's what I'm working on, how about you?

Write on, write on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't know how you do it, Alex, working on two stories somewhat simultaneously. I'd be afraid of mixing things up! But that's very admirable. How do you keep everything straight as you go back and forth?

    How's my writing going? Well, I think you already know, from visiting my site yesterday. ;) It's still really hard to believe I won't be working on it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard which is why I don't do it often! I can only do it when what I'm working on is two completely different things, like Friendzone is contemporary and Hunters Of Artemis is dystopian fantasy, so they are wildly different and even then I try not to jump back and forth too much. I finish a whole set part of one and then go to the other. Besides that, it gets way to confusing and then I start thinking that hell hounds are in my contemporary where they definitely don't belong! Usually, the most I do at one time is edit something and outline something else and again they have to be two completely different things. =)

      Haha, yeah that's got to be weird! It's always so strange to be working on something for months and then it's like, oh, I don't have to work today, what am I supposed to do with my time? Hope you had a good weekend though. =)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)