Friday, February 20, 2015

Weekly Muse #25: Why You Should Use Pinterest and Finding Inspiration

Hey, Alex Steele here today to talk about finding inspiration! This does fit both into Weekly Muse, where we try to help inspire you, and Advice For Writers, where we try to give awesome advice, but I decided for the sake of argument to just call it a Weekly Muse post!

Now, inspiration comes in all forms. Small sparks and whole fires. It can come while you're doing the most random things or in the middle of writing an entirely different book. There are a few ways to build on that inspiration and one of those is Pinterest. That's what we're talking about today!

Now, for years I've heard people raving about Pinterest and I knew that a lot of authors and writers used it, making boards of inspiration for their ideas and whatnot, I never really got it though... Until now.

Why you should use Pinterest:

1. It's the perfect place to find inspiration. There are hundreds of thousands of millions of pictures and different boards to follow. You can find inspiration for your character and how they look and dress. You can find pictures that perfectly match that fantasy world in your mind and they help you see it even better!

2. It's not just pictures! Sure you can find all the pictures you want to show your world and book but there's also writing advice and funny meme's for when you're procrastinating! Also, lots of recipes which is cool if you like to cook like me!

3. It's super easy! Seriously, you sign up, make a board, and then start pinning and bam. Done.

Now, I've found it mostly useful for my fantasy stuff, you can find so much art so easily that can help you see your world better. Some of my favorite stuff is fantasy cosplay pictures. Some people go all out and it's so easy to use that as inspiration for creatures in your book! It can also be nice to have a visual image of what you imagine your characters to look like(unless you are lucky enough to be a gifted artist along with writing which, sadly, I am not!). Basically, there are hundreds of uses for Pinterest!

Lastly, here is the link to my Pinterest and some of my favorite pictures for my A War Of Queens board!

Beyond by Y-mir on DeviantArtFigmented Architectural Paintings - Artist Sunga Park’s architectural paintings in watercolor are elusive and intangible floating in and out of perception. {LOVE!!! ~ Belle}
Digital Illustrations by Ross Tranphotography fashion medieval editorial moustache magazine Nyree Mackenzie Gisèle Pletzer Queen of kingsI love this - like the badass motorcycle-riding elvish ringwraith body armor that it is!
i think every nerdy girl has the fantasy of an outfit consisting of leather pants, a flowing coat and then kicking some major ass. :)why was Dionysius, lover of earth and life, slowly manipulated and fashioned into the Devil? // photo via blessed wild apple girlNearly a perfect Chance. Imagine more hair, solid white. But the skin color, the little gotee, even the horns...nearly perfect.Birds are a metaphor for Pia throughout much of Origin, so this immediately made me think of her!

(If you click on it each picture should lead back to where it came from, either way none of these pictures belong to me, they were all found on Pinterest!)

So, that's it for today! Let me know if you're on Pinterest and feel free to follow me there, I will follow back! Let me know in the comments what you find inspiring. 

Write on, write on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)