Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Our Journey So Far #28: What I Want To Write

Alex Steele here today to talk about what I've been working on and everything.

So, Camp NaNoWriMo is coming! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! Cue simultaneous excitement and panic because I have no idea what I am going to be writing!!!!!




So, what I'm working on is outlining a few of my different plot bunnies and then picking one to write for NaNo in April! This is a work progress...

Now, what I want to write... I think we've done something like this before, a writing wishlist of book ideas we want to get to, but with this, I just want to list out some things I eventually want to write about, whether it's things I've always wanted to write about or newer ideas.

I want to write about:


Love - in all of it's varied, messy and painful forms. This is something that, had you asked my twelve-year-old self, or my sixteen-year-old self for that matter, I would have said it's the farthest thing from my mind. Sure, it has to be in books but that doesn't mean I have to like it! That's what I used to think. Now I want to explore every kind of love in every different way through my writing. I want to write about soulmates who just can't stay together because it's bad for them, best friends that aren't in love with each other and ones that are. I want to write about teenagers who love their parents and who love their siblings. I want to write about neverending loving and the kind that ends too soon. Hate that turns to love and love that turns to hate.

Dragons - Obviously. They were my first inspiration and I have written about them but that doesn't mean I can't write about them again!

Friendships - I want to write epic friendships, friendships that could never be damaged by romance, that's not pushed aside the minute one of them falls in love. Friendship love that is more important than romance love.

Aliens/beliefs - characters who believe in random things, that have different but strong ideals. And aliens because, obviously.

Enemies: I want to write epic enemies, not just villainous characters but characters that the main character hates just to hate when it comes to contemporary or characters the protagonist loves so much that they hate, or hates because they can't love. Basically, love and hate in all it's forms.

That's it for today, what do you want to write about? Also, are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo??? You should be!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)