Friday, March 20, 2015

Weekly Muse #29: Music For Distractions

Alex Steele, here again, talking about some music! Now, you may be wondering, what does music, that distracts you, have to do with finding inspiration? Well, it's simple. Sometimes you're in a rut, you can't concentrate or you're just plain stuck and you need to distract yourself. Give your mind a break and time to come up with the thing that's on the tip of your tongue by itself. That's what the distracting music is for!



This list is just some songs that I just can't not sing along to when they come on, you know?



1. Remember The Name by Fort Minor. Technically, this is rap and it's basically the only rap I listen to(actually, that's kind of a lie...). Basically, I love Fort Minor and this song.

Favorite lyrics

"This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill Fifteen percent concentrated power of will Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain And a hundred percent reason to remember the name"



2. Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson. I love this song and, in fact, have mentioned it in multiple novels I've written. My favorite version is actually the A Day To Remember cover version. One of my favorite rock bands singing one of my favorite pop songs? Yes, please!

Favorite lyrics

"How can I put it? You put me onI even fell for that stupid love song."



3. (Can't Get My) Head Around You by The Offspring. No explanation needed. But, honestly, it's the beat.

Favorite lyrics: 

"Deep inside your soul there's a hole you don't wanna see Every single day what you say makes no sense to me Even though I try I can't get my head around you"



4. Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band. I love Zac Brown Band and all of their songs are so catchy and great.

Favorite lyrics

"You know I like my chicken fried And cold beer on a Friday night A pair of jeans that fit just right And the radio on"



5. All The Small Things by Blink 182. I have an obsession with this song and nothing else.

Favorite lyrics: 

"Say it ain't so,I will not go,Turn the lights off,Carry me home
Na, na..."



6. Tearing Up My Heart by 'N Sync. Again, no explanation needed.

Favorite lyrics

"Let it go If you want me girl, let me know I am down on my knees I can't take it anymore..ohhh 
It's tearin' up my heart when I'm with you But when we are apart, I feel it too And no matter what I do, I feel the pain with or without you"

Bonus!

7. Superman by Goldfinger. Why? Because it's from the old Tony Hawk games and it gets majorly stuck in my head.

Favorite lyrics

"So here I am growing older all the time looking older all the time feeling younger in my mind And here I am doing everything I can holding on to what I am pretending I'm a superman"


Let me know some of your favorite songs down in the comments! And while you're at it, what's your favorite genre to listen to while writing?

Write on, write on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)