Steele Showcases: Jam and Gwen from A War Of Queens
For clarification, Jam is a girl(as is Gwen) and her name is a nickname and yes, it's pronounced jam as in peanut butter and jam. Also, her name has changed a dozen times since I first wrote this and I'm currently rewriting the whole thing as a stand-alone novel, so her name may change yet again. They are both seventeen and they are not the chosen ones.
2. Describe their relationship in 3 words. Essential. Dependant. Needy.
3. What kind of things do they like to do together? Simple things, they just like hanging out. They like going for drives where they can pretend they're going anywhere in the world. They saved since they were fourteen to be able to afford their old junker car.
4. What was their biggest fight? That's going to happen in the book, it involves a lot of jealousy and high emotions, and, of course, a few boys. Besides that there was the one where Jam pulled strings to get Gwen a job after she was fired and Gwen didn't appreciate it.
5. How far would they go to save each other? All the way. They'd die for each other. Everything else gets put on hold and shoved to the side after their fight.
6. What are their pet peeves about each other? Gwen doesn't like that Jam won't stand up for herself and Jam doesn't like that Gwen is so...dependant. She's needing and Jam worries that it makes her weak. Also, Jam bites her nails which annoys Gwen, and Gwen doesn't really have a filter which has been known to embarrass Jam.
7. What are their favorite things about each other? Jam loves that Gwen's so outgoing, even if she's overly sensitive. Jam can't help but be envious of the way she wears her heart on her sleeve. Gwen loves that Jam is the one that thinks things through, and also that despite Jam's anxiety issues she's the strongest person she knows.
8. What traits do they share? Mannerisms, clothing, quirks, looks, etc? They both clap their hands when they're excited. They each always wear one of each of two pairs of socks, so they each pick a pair of socks, different colors, and each wear one of each. They've perfected nearly identical glares, and both tend to bite their lips when thinking hard.
9. Who has the strongest personality? Hard to say...but probably Gwen. Jam is all steely resolve and rock hard willpower. Gwen wears her heart on her sleeve, she has no filter, and she never apologizes for who she is even in the dark recesses of her mind where she's basically the most self-conscious person in the world.
10. How does their relationship change throughout your story? Hmm, well they're relationship has some up and downs, it's going to completely fall apart but in the end I think they'll be closer than ever while realizing they are two different people.