Friday, December 19, 2014

Weekly Muse #16: So... Inspirational Authors, anyone?

Here we go! Well, we all love to read, right? And I sure love to read the occasional book. Sometimes, I might reread books only to find an inner depth and surprising meaning. (Plus, Alex Steele is currently rereading the entire Harry Potter series, so... Might as well do this!) 

Alright, here we go. Top five in an meaningless order.


1. J.K. Rowling


Oh, yes. The queen herself, J.K. Rowling. I think she is the one who got everyone started on this writing journey. Well, mostly everyone. (Not me and probably a few others). But Harry Potter is definitely an awesome series. It is so worthy of attention, and there is so much subtext in the book. Love it.

How She Inspired Me: The subtext, the wonderful characters, and the very complex world.

2. Rick Riordan


Yeah. This guy is awesome, too. (Though not as much as J.K. Rowling). Rowling's books were perhaps the first book I'd ever read (maybe), but it was Riordan's book that got me to really like adventure and monsters and myths. (I think this is where I started venturing off towards the fairy tale retellings things). 

How He Inspired Me: The myths. Percy Jackson might be sort of like fanfiction (of Greek myths), but I think this is one of the greatest. Plus, I started looking for fairy tales and myths and legends. Which inspired me to write a bunch of novels.

3. Sarah Dessen


To me, she looks like Sandra Bullock. (Don't ask me why). But she is an awesome writer. I loved reading her books back in junior high, and she is absolutely great. I think I became a fan of her books when I first read Just Listen.

How She Inspired Me: Contemporary novels are awesome, and they touch readers in a unique way. Respect. 

4. Ally Carter


Spies. Yep. Spies. That is the first thing I think about when I remember her name. Because of the Gallagher Girls. But yeah. I love her books. She mixed teens, spies and espionage together very well. She made a complex world that seemed not so complex when put together. Like jagged pieces of a puzzle that makes the puzzle whole. 

How She Inspired Me: Espionage. And also, strong heroines and amazing characters.

5. Marissa Meyer


No. Not the CEO of Yahoo! Marissa Meyer, the author of Cinder. It is amazing how confusing their names are.

Anyway, I think Marissa Meyer is the author that lit up that final match. Because of her, I'm writing. Because of her, I'm here today writing this article instead of researching genetics and simple things like evergreen plants.

How She Inspired Me: Final push into this insane world of writing novels. 

So who inspired you?

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)