Friday, October 2, 2015

Weekly Muse #38: My Playlist is Awesome

Hey guys. It has been a long, long time since I have made a blog post. But when I was looking through my playlist of songs I listen to whenever I write, I realized how much it has evolved and changed. 

So here is my favorite songs I love to listen now. Top five, in no particular order. (That sounds a bit weird. But honestly, I have about a few dozen new songs to listen to.) 

1. Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift

Oh, yes. This is my favorite song of Swift's new album, 1989. Honestly, I have too many favorites on that album. "Blank Space," "Style," "Out of the Woods," and "Shake It Off" are all awesome songs. I can't wait to see what Taylor Swift brings next. 

But until then, I'll keep "Wildest Dreams" on my playlist. The song is addicting to sing along. (And did you see the music video? Gorgeous!) 

2. Someone New by Hozier

How can you not love "Someone New"? The song is catchy, and the lyrics are splendid. Easy to follow along. Plus, Natalie Dormer in the music video? Sweet! But seriously, Natalie Dormer. 

Anyway, the song helps me write through a certain breakup between two main characters in TBQ (now renamed ISN, and I'll explain it later in another blog post). I can't wait to see what singles Hozier releases next. I must mention that "From Eden" and "Take Me to Church" are my other favorites (but not recently added songs to my huge playlist). 

3. Song For Someone by U2

I recently discovered this song from U2, and I love it! It is really sweet, and I'm not going to mention the music video. (But Woody Harrelson!)

Another song I love from U2 is "Every Breaking Wave." Great stuff. 

And I would listen to this song whenever I'm writing a scene about hope and sorrow. Interestingly, I haven't used this song (translation: put it on repeat) yet. But I will use it. Soon. 

4. Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots

"Stressed Out" is more for life in general. Whenever I'm down, I listen to this song. And I find myself whistling (well, trying to whistle, because I'm lacking in that area) to this song. The lyrics are true, and I can't help but empathize with the song. 

Play it on repeat. Other great songs from Twenty One Pilots include "Tear In My Heart" and "Holding On To You." "Tear In My Heart" is my favorite, and I would go to a concert for that song. (Too bad I'm broke.) 

5. Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

Yes, I have discovered My Chemical Romance. So many awesome songs from them. This song, "Welcome to the Black Parade," is hauntingly cool. I haven't used this song to help me write yet, but I'm hoping I can use it soon. Inspiration is still with me. 

Other songs I like from My Chemical Romance is "Summertime" and "I'm Not Okay." "I'm Not Okay" could had made it onto this list, but it turns out I love "Welcome to the Black Parade" more. 

So there is my top five and other songs from the artists. If you have any recommendations for me, please give me a comment. I love to add more songs to my playlist. 

Happy Listening!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this informational blog. If anyone looking for the best tutor who can teach you Software Engineering Assignment Help then BookMyEssay is the best option for you. There provide premium academic writing services at the most reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)