Friday, October 10, 2014

Weekly Muse #6: Awesome Pictures of Objects

Hi! Penelope Grace, again. So this is the sixth Weekly Muse of the Grace & Steele blog. I'm going to go on and on about good pictures. Inspiring pictures. Of objects. You might think me as insane, but I like it. I like what I'm going to talk about. So ignore me all you like or view the following pictures, if you want.

It is going to be a total of four pictures. Of objects. Or things. Already, I can tell that this post is going to be more than interesting. It is weird. Straightly weird. With a lot of metaphors. I'll stop stalling.



1. The Pen and Blank Page




Any pictures of the pen and empty paper is very symbolic to me. The empty paper, to me, always stands for a page unwritten, a book not written. It is a chance to start something new. It is place to escape whatever problems you are going through, whether it is a strange or detached boyfriend, school grades, financial issues, or a death of a friend. Writing it out and finding a new place is what I always like doing. Consider it a place to hide, but also a place to find yourself again.

2. Doves



When I look at this picture, I don't just see four doves and a blue sky. I see freedom. I see hope. Remember Emily Dickinson's poem? "Hope is a thing..." Well, I'll stop there before I sprout the entire poem. But I always can recall that poem. Isn't it obvious? Don't we all want to be free? Don't we all want wings and fly away to a better place?

3. The Ocean



I'm going to admit that I'm downright frightened of the sea, the ocean. Yes, I do know how to swim (backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle), but there is something about the ocean that scares me. Fear, the ocean represents. The ocean both scares me yet also excites me. This is a new adventure. This is a new place to explore. All I need is to let go of that fear and take a step in. 

4. Light and Darkness


We are all afraid of the dark. Well, if you're not, then you must be superhuman. In the dark, we stumble around blindly, looking for something to hold on to. We don't want to be alone. We want to love. We want to find someone. We want to hold on to the good things to push away the darkness, the loneliness. In the end, we will find the light. 

Conclusion

You're probably asking me why half of these or all of these have anything inspiring. Every one of these pictures are symbolic. Every one of these pictures evoke feeling. The key is to use that feeling and aim it towards your writing. Let it all out. Let it be heard. Don't let all those feelings fade away. Emotion is the best way to be inspiring and thought-provoking. You don't want to be all boring and blah, blah, blah. 

Happy Writing!

-Penelope Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)