Friday, October 24, 2014

Weekly Muse #8: Love Songs

Penelope Grace. Again. Oh, don't moan and groan. I'm pretty sure that I'm not hideous at all. Of course, that is up to the eye of the beholder.

Love songs. I have done songs before, but this time I'm doing the songs for romance. Romance, love, whatever you call it. This is going to be about being in love and... in a dreamy state. Somewhere beautiful and magnificent. Or pining love. Unrequited love.

Really, I'm being very vague. Off the top of my head (with some little help), I'm listing love songs. Five of them.

So in any order...
1. Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer


Oh, a boy band. That is perhaps what you are all thinking. Well, I don't care who is singing it, as long as it's interesting and catchy to me. They can have the weirdest hairdo with ugly sunglasses, and I won't even care. 

What I really like about Amnesia is the rise and fall of the song. There are some high parts and low parts. Soft vs loud. Pining, pining, pining. Pining for a lost love. I love all the little details in the song, and it is just... Wow. 

2. Angel In Blue Jeans by Train


More pinning. Pinning for a lost love. Singing about the "angel in blue jeans." It is a good one, because it is catch and because it is by Train. 

But the rest of this list is not going to be about pining/lost love. Because that is way too depressing and sad. I don't think you guys will like it. Plus, the title of this article is "Love Songs" not "'I Freaking' Lost The Girl I Love' Songs."

Okay, I'll stop stalling now.

3. Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble


Now this is a cheerful song. I heard this song on the radio for years and watched it on Youtube many times. What I always like about it is how hopeful the song is.

And then the dreams come. The singer starts talking about the dreams, about what will happen when he meets the girl (or boy) of his dreams. Plus, the trumpets and the beat is so addicting that you can't help but dance to it. 

Feel that beat? Fast, exciting. Bound to get you dancing and laugh and smile. Love it.

4. All Through the Night by Cyndi Lauper 


All Through the Night is one of my all-time favorites. It is that song you listen to at night when you are all alone and trying out that freaking long 75,000 romantic novel. And I'm sure I'm right. Because this is the song for those late nights.

If you listen to the lyrics, you hear Cyndi Lauper singing about staying through the night without giving a second thought about the past or the future. What matters is now. What is taking place is the present.

So curl up to that guy (or book or cat), and listen to this song.

5. She's Like the Wind by Patrick Swayze 


The guy, who sang this song is dead and pretty hot when he was younger, was Patrick Swayze. But the song is a darn romantic one, if you think about it.

My favorite parts are the chorus and the addicting lyrics. Plus the song title is awesome enough. But if that doesn't melt your cold heart, then you got to listen to it. 

And yes, you have to admit that the singer is a fool to be pining for someone. 

So three songs about lost love. One hopeful song from a lost romantic guy. And one from a woman who spends the night with her love (or whatever you think). So use the beat, the rhythm, and the lyrics to your advantage. And freaking' write some romantic books.

Happy Writing!

-Penelope Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)