Friday, January 16, 2015

Weekly Muse #20: Teary Books

When you read a very, very sad book, don't you get inspired to write something? Like write anything? I totally do. I think I got inspired to write Benevolence after reading a book on angels. (Benevolence is about angels and demons, for your information). No! I did not write Benevolence because of Supernatural. That was before I got into Supernatural

So... I'm going to make a list of teary books. Books that will most definitely ignite a spark (or tear) in you. 

Here we go. Five in no particular order. 

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Well, this is definitely on the list. And I can promise you that I can make you all cry with two words. But I won't. Because I'm too nice.

The Fault in Our Stars. John Green is good. And you always get a tear in the eye by the time you read Gus' letter to Hazel. Or when... That Christmas Tree scene. I think you all know what I'm talking about, right?

Can I seriously wail yet? Because I really, really, really love this one. And one of my goals for this year is to write something that will make you all cry.

Weep, my darlings. Weep. 

2. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher


Oh. Another sad book. I swear to you all that I was crying by 3/4 of the book. Because this one is incredibly sad.

(Totally inspires me to write a sad book, too. Though I'm not sure if I'm up to it!). 

So beware. This one is really sad, because there is a lot of pain in this. A lot of missed opportunities and there were chances...

Oh, I can ramble on and on and on about this book. Anyway, let's move on! 

(And I can't believe this one is turning into a movie!)

3. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein


Now, this is a book where there are a few twists and turns in its plot. Code Name Verity takes place in World War II. This is a really interesting story of two girls...

Oh, wait. I can't go on and spoil everything. Read it for yourself. But I can tell you that this one does make you cry.

Cry, cry, cry. 

(Gosh, I'm so evil).
This book makes me want to write YA Historical Fiction. Seriously. I'm actually very serious. (Though Historical Fiction takes a lot of research). 

4. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein 


Yeah. I'm going back to Children's Literature. But there are still some hidden gems in there. Even though the haystack is a bit weird. (Like really weird).

(Personally, I think of this author as a very odd guy. But this work is really good. Even if the author is a really, really, really strange and possibly gross guy. Just look him up. You'll see why). 

Also, I think the little boy is a bit of a... douchebag. But it is the tree I really feel for.

Can I cry yet? (No, because I still have one more on this list). 

5. Allegiant by Veronica Roth


ARE YOU CRYING YET? Well, I nearly am. Because this one...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I know that you will have to read the first two books before you read Allegiant, but this one... Is incredibly sad. The ending killed me!

Oh. Veronica Roth. How you ripped out everyone's hearts.

So heartless...

I don't think the fandom is over it yet. 

So... Tell me what books made you cry. I'm just going to go in a corner and sob a little bit. I'll be back on Wednesday. I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)