Friday, January 30, 2015

Weekly Muse #22: On My Playlist

Hi again! Penelope. Again. So I'm going to list the songs on my playlist. It is most certainly random, and I will try to explain why I like some of these songs. Others... Well, you'll have to listen to know why I like them. 

5 songs and in no particular order. Here we go. 


1. Fireblazin by Capital Kings


Fireblazin is a favorite song of mine. (It is playing right now, in fact. And you can dance to this song actually). I really love listening to it while writing (or reading a good book or just singing along with it). Some parts of the lyrics are my favorite, and I'll quote the best part (well, my favorite part)...

"We've got a fireblazin in our hearts
No we're never gonna stop
Until the whole world knows
Who you are
We've got a fireblazin in our hearts
No we're never gonna stop
Until the whole world knows
Who you are"
See? Or not. But you have to admit that the lyrics are fantastic. 

2. Dog Days Are Over by Florence + the Machine


I may have mentioned my love for Florence + the Machine before, but I love nearly every single one their songs. The beat just makes me really happy.

And you can most certainly dance to this song, of course. And yes, it is on my playlist (obviously). I listen to this song whenever it pops onto my playlist. Revision, drafting, editing, reading. 

Doesn't matter.

3. Drops of Jupiter by Train


I love Train. I love nearly any song they make. 







(Please guess why I like it). 

4. Starlight by Muse


Starlight. I always think of the California Coastal train whenever I hear this song (don't know why). Sometimes, I also think of a castle I named Starlight in my book. (Yeah, don't ask questions about that either). Sometimes, I read while listening to this song (you can ask questions about that). 

But I like a lot of things from Muse. Check up "Uprising" and "Madness" from them. Those are good songs too. "Uprising" especially. 

5. The Lightning Strike by Snow Patrol


Maybe I've mention this one before? I don't know, but I love Snow Patrol. The Lightning Strike (you have no idea how many times I'd tried not to make a typo on that name) is a soft song. It sneaks up on you, and it is almost silent when you write.

But the keyword is almost. Almost silent. Almost quiet. Very nice. 

Awesome.

And here is a few more of honorable mentions... Because why not?

6. Vienna by Billy Joel
7. Waiting on the World to Change by John Mayer
8. You're Beautiful by James Blunt (even though he is sort of like a troll on Twitter)
9. I Lived by OneRepublic
10. Gold on the Ceiling by The Black Keys

Happy Writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)