Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Our Journey So Far #23: Penelope Grace

Another busy month! Ahh... I wish I can do so many things, but I'm afraid I won't have time to do everything I want to do. But for this month, I'm going to be focusing on some certain things.

And that would be, of course, TBQ. 

Right now, I'm at 18K in rewrites. TBQ is doing okay. I'm finding the rewrites to be much easier than TLP, thankfully. I'm doing rewrites at a snail's pace. 1K a day. Not much, but it is slow and steady.

Good thing.

And I'm thinking of writing its sequels. I already came up with the names, but I'm still thinking about its endgame. 

Seriously. Endgames are hard. I originally knew what the endgame was going to be, but then... I rewrite several chapters and I realize that... there is a different ending, a different vision.

So TBQ is going to be hard. But I know that there are several facts about this book that are still accurate. Here is the quick update.

Title: The Black Queen
Main Characters: Ashlina Four, Warner Fitt, Leticia Suri, and Audric Eric. 
Synopsis: 
"A game of chess has simple rules.

There are two queens, two kings, four bishops, four rooks, four knights, and sixteen pawns. They move in certain ways and predictable patterns. Two sides, fighting each other. Their war can only end in three ways: checkmate, stalemate, and draw.

But when it involves real people? It gets complicated.

Ashlina Four is a lowly pawn, just recently dead and killed by her despised grandmother. Caught in an unfamiliar land beyond death, Ashlina quickly finds allies: Éric with his troubling duality and web of lies and truths, Warner who is changing for the worse, and Lola with her dangerous plans that will shake up the chessboard. All of them have secrets and agendas of her own.

She is haunted by nightmares. She is targeted by hellhounds, savage beasts intent on chasing her until she is gone permanently. She knows that none of her allies can be trusted completely. She knows that time is running out. But how can she run when her destiny is written in the stars?

The only checkmate is death."
Farthest Stage: Second Draft

And that is pretty much it about TBQ. So how are your WIPs doing?

Happy Writing!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear progress is going well for you, Penelope. Your synopsis sounds intriguing, too. It sounds like some kind of speculative fiction...? What genre would you say TBQ falls under?

    I'm about 6,000 to 7,000 words away from finishing the first draft of a YA fantasy novel. Probably won't reach THE END this weekend, but I'm shooting for February 28th / March 1st. And I finally thought of a title for the novel, so I'm bubbling over with excitement about the project now. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drat. I should had mentioned the genres. I knew I was forgetting something! TBQ falls under YA Fantasy.

      And good luck to your first draft!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)