Friday, February 27, 2015

Weekly Muse #26: Lift Yourself Up

Lift Yourself Up. Not exactly the most brilliant title ever, but I'm mostly centering on self-esteem. Things that make you feel like you are on top of the world.

And I mean, songs. Not things.

Anyway, let's start with the countdown. Unfortunately, I'm in too much of a hurry to get album pictures. Arg! I'm so swamped with everything I have to do.

Aye, aye, aye. Mamma mia! 

Because I'm not going to be getting pictures, I think I will be listing 7 songs. 7. Yep. Seven.

In no particular order (well, only in order of what songs come to my mind first), here we go.

1. "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga

I know that this one has ties to the LGBT community. But it is really empowering. And plus, it is dance-worthy. Sometimes, this song can be the theme song to your book (or your muse, of course).

2. "Hall of Fame" by The Script

Somedays, I feel really lazy. Sometimes, I feel like all is bleak and colorless. Sometimes, I feel like I have no chance in life. But this song is really amazing. I really like it, and it helps me get back onto my feet.

3. "Imagine" by John Lennon 

I know that this one is totally crazy and probably off-topic, but I really have to mention this one. It pretty much lists like all of the problems (if not most) with society and paints an utopia. Let's just say that this one is totally an inspiration for a Divergent-style book. 

4. "Try" by Colbie Caillat 

This song is more about self-acceptance. But that is really important for a writer (and tons of other people). Because if you don't accept the way you are, you can't really be who you are. It is okay to want to hide yourself, but it is freeing to let others see the real you. 

5. "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson

Now, this one is a bit old. But the lyrics of this song is always right. What doesn't kill you really makes you stronger. 

6. "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera 

There is this one part that is always stuck in my mind. "You are beautiful, no matter what they say." 

7. "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z

"There is nothing you can't do." Plus the parts sung by Alicia Keys are gorgeous and sweet to the ears.

So what are your favorite songs? Doesn't matter which genre. I don't care if it is off-topic. I went off-topic once.

Happy Listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)