Friday, November 21, 2014

Weekly Muse #12: Romantic Songs

Hey guys! Penelope Grace, here. And don't you love romantic songs? After writing The Black Queen (which may or may not be romantic), I'm suddenly in the search of romantic songs. I hear them on the radio, read about them in newspapers, and listen to my friends babble on about this new song from Taylor Swift. I do have to agree that Sean O'Pry looks hot in her music video, "Blank Space." 

Okay, enough of gossiping. Let's get down to those romantic songs. Those really, really good romantic songs that have you hollering out the lyrics at random strangers. Those really good romantic songs that make your heart pound and let you find inspiration. 

In no particular order...

1. "I Melt With You" by Modern English


Now this is one of my favorite songs. Old, but good. I just love listening to it over and over again. It is a really hopeful song with a lot of brightness and goodness. Sometimes I like to close my eyes and just think about how instead of thinking about that terrible future I might have. 

Just think about the present. Forget about the future. Forget about the past. Just remember now. Just remember this moment and melt. 

2. "Let Her Go" by Passenger


"Let Her Go" isn't a song I liked a first. The singer was a bit weird, and I was like... "What the heck am I listening to?" But after a bit, I really like it. The song isn't exactly romantic, but it is one I can't get out of my mind.

It is about realizing how much something or someone means to you when you realize they are gone. Somewhere else. Just disappear. Adios. It is one of the sadder songs, but I'm most certainly getting my inspiration from this for my 2014 NaNoWriMo (first novel).

3. "All Of Me" by John Legend


I don't care which version of this song you prefer. The Tiesto version or the original one. Whatever. Honestly, I like them both, because one is much, much slower than the other with... A strange admiration and tenderness. Okay, I'm probably seeing things that aren't there, but this is my opinion. 

Anyway, this is definitely a favorite one. It belongs on this list (although I might write another post like this sometime soon). 

4. "Say Something" by A Great Big World


Now I don't care if you prefer the duet with Christina Aguilera or the one without her, but this one is good. Sad song, yes, but it is about love.

Okay, I'll stop putting that face on. Because I think I'm getting too annoying, especially to myself.

But I do love this song, and it has inspired a lot of passages in The Black Queen. It is just...

Ahh...

5. "Always Something There To Remind Me" by Naked Eyes


Oh, yes. The name of the band may be freaking weird, but the song is good. It is definitely old, but I do like it. 

Now I think I'm going to leave it here. And listen to some of these songs before dinnertime. It is a pity I'm done with The Black Queen already, but who says I can't get inspiration from these for its sequel?

Or editing?

Haha. Alright, guys. Go and listen!

Happy Writing!

-Penelope Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)