Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Our Journey So Far #9: What I'm Doing

On October 31, I sent out five queries. It is so scary, especially for the first one. I was like... "Oh, my goodness. Should I crack a joke? Or maybe I should add in some details! Maybe the agent won't like it. Oh, crap... It is time to send!" 

It is a scary and dark time. The first query is the hardest. I was plagued by self-doubt. Maybe TLP (the book) isn't good enough. Maybe it needs more editing. Maybe, maybe... I wrote a post about all those annoying "Maybe"s. Well, it isn't about those "Maybe"s, but the post is more about doubt and low self-confidence. 

After writing it, I probably stared stupidly at it for five minutes or so. I was in Gmail, and the cursor was over the "Send" button. Could I do it? There was a lot of emotion and waves of "No, no, no! You can't!" but I finally pressed the button. And hallelujah, the first query was sent out.

Lesson of the story? The first query is the hardest. But it does get a little easier. By the time I was on the fifth, I was like... "Oh... I'm tired. I want to sleep." Send, send, send, send. 

Other Projects:

So TLP is going to get sent to those agents while I focus on other projects. You can never stop writing. I know I can't.

My NaNoWriMo project, The Black Queen, is doing well. I hope. It is so interesting to be working on something that is probably better than TLP by a whole ocean. 

Oh, yeah. I'm so saying that. What can I say? Writers improve in time.

So keep on writing guys. And read a story about what I'm doing now.

Happy Writing!

-Penelope Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)