Monday, April 6, 2015

Advice For Writers #31: The First Week of Camp

So we are halfway through Camp NaNoWriMo. If you haven't joined Camp, then hurry up and sign up! Come on! Don't be shy. Camp is awesome. You get to meet others like you. In my co-ed cabin (first time I'd ever been in a cabin with boys), there are people from Florida and other such places. Idaho. Many places.

It is really cool to be in a cabin. As I said before, you get to meet new people. So my advice for this week is to join Camp NaNoWriMo. Maybe you don't have a plot. Maybe you do. But talking with others who are into writing is always a great thing. 

And who knows? Maybe you can find inspiration. (But if you are really helpless, then you can look at Grace & Steele's "Weekly Muse" tag. It is really helpful. Trust me.) 

Camp NaNoWriMo definitely does make your schedule tight, so I suggest that you clear up some spaces on the calendar. You can definitely do Camp NaNoWriMo even though you are super busy. You can set yourself a goal of 1K, if you are really, really busy. 

(Alex set herself a goal of 30K, I think. I set myself up a goal of 65K, even though I know I'm going to write wayyy more than that.) 

Maybe you don't have a story or a plot bunny. That is okay. You can set yourself a small goal and revise your old works. You can do anything at Camp. 

So what are you waiting for? Go sign up for Camp!

Trust me, it is worth it.

Happy Camping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)