Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Our Journey So Far #29: Penelope Grace

Wow! Camp NaNoWriMo is here! Can't you feel that tension in the air? It is perhaps the pressure to write those number of words! Ahhh! It is so crazy. I know some of you guys are doing rewrites and edits, but I'm making new first drafts. 

Like most writers (that I know), I hate rewrites. I don't like them. I don't like them. Recently, I just finished a rewrite of TBQ. That is the second draft. Honestly, I don't know whether or not I should let beta readers read it, but... I'm going to hang onto it and hide it somewhere.

Then I'll open it when NaNoWriMo ends. Hopefully, I will be able to start querying it when summer comes. Yeah, it is going to be nuts, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

You are probably sick of all those posts about Camp. Those posts are actually pretty useful in preparation. I'll be working on 3 works (one novel, one play, and one book of poetry). So let's break it down.

"A Bend in the Path" is about a girl who is suffering through a medical condition called scoliosis. Yes, it is real. It will be 20K, and I'm doing it all on paper. The old fashion way. YA Contemporary. 

"Inverse" will be the darkest book of the lot. (That is assuming I won't work on "About A Queen") It stars a boy in a very, very twisted society. 

"What Fourth Wall?" is a play. Four artists of different fields come together to make a single masterpiece thanks to this summer camp for artists. They bring their own personalities and disagreements to the table. 

"About A Queen" is the one I may or may not work on (finally). It is a fairy tale retelling of "Snow White."

So what are you working on? Let me know in the comments below.

Happy Writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)