Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Our Journey So Far #12: Penelope Grace

NaNoWriMo. So it is over. I know I had at least three meltdowns during the entire thing. I was most certainly insane throughout the entire thing. So if you see any random sequences like (jsoidfjiojasiofjsiodjfs) on my blog, Twitter, Tumblr, or anything else, you know I was taking it out on my keyboard. 

So... I finished NaNoWriMo. Now what? 

That is the question, isn't it? Now what? Now what do I do? I can give you a small rundown of what I did in that insane month.

1. The Black Queen (75K and first draft completed)
2. The Monsters Within (9K, abandoned) 
3. "DC" (18K, editing stage, second draft, uncompleted)
4. Winter's Call (________________)

I'm not finished with Winter's Call, so I'm most definitely going to try to finish that one. It will give me something to do while I keep my mind off the elephant (which is the completed TBQ). 

I can easily recall what I did last year. After finishing that NaNoWriMo 2013 book, I started on Benevolence. Angels and demons, and that kind of stuff. Anyway, I moved on from NaNoWriMo 2013 by writing another book. 

This year, what would I do? Now, I'm not sure what I will do exactly, but I know I can't avoid TBQ forever. That one is begging to be edited, because I put so much effort and research into it.

So this is my plan:

December: Finish Winter's Call. ASAP. Then move on to edit TBQ, because that one needs to be edited. Like crazy.
January: TBQ, third draft written (hopefully) by the end of the month. 
February: Write some books and ignore TBQ.
March: Go back to edit it (and hopefully start querying and maybe start planning its sequels). 

I know my plans are a bit weird, because it isn't exactly... Well defined, but it will work. If I put effort and determination into it. 

So what are your plans for the NaNoWriMo 2014 novel? Tell me in the Comments section below!

Happy Writing!

-Penelope Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)