Friday, December 26, 2014

Weekly Muse #17: 5 Christmas Songs

In honor of Christmas, I'm going to do this list. And I'm hijacking Alex's post. Sorry, Alex, but Christmas is Christmas. And I have to do this before the week ends! 

Best Christmas songs. Read below the cut to know more about this strange post.

First of all, have you ever thought of writing a Christmas story/novel/poem? Well, I haven't. Because I'm sort of busy writing a novel before the year ends (good luck to me!). I know Alex is, so she is perhaps the person who should be writing this post, but I have to get this out of my head before I write my chapters of Welcome to the Dark Side. (It is YA Contemporary). 

So Christmas songs that really get you thinking...

1. All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey


I'm actually listening to this song as I type this one. But this song is one of my favorites of Christmas. I always belt it out whenever I'm listening to KOST, and I just love it. 

Christmas is Christmas, and I think this song is best for those novels with a romantic (sub)plot. 

(Don't you think?)

And here we go again. 

2. Christmas Canon by Trans-Siberian Orchestra


I have no idea what they are singing. No, I'm serious. I have yet to look up the lyrics for this song, but I really love the voices and instruments and rhythm of this song. I used to hum along to this song last Christmas. Nowadays I don't hear it as frequently on the radio. Boo! But this is one of those songs that are worth checking out. 

Christmas Canon just fills you this awe. I mean, the song is so beautiful and heavenly. Yes, I know how it sounds (and what it sounds like), but it is indeed heavenly. 

3. Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid


Well, this one is really interesting. (What? Actually, I think it is more than interesting. It is unbelievably fascinating). But this song is very... eye-opening.

It is very catchy, and I can listen to this one very often. It isn't exactly inspirational material, but hey, some of us drawn inspiration from weird places.

Like Tumblr. 

4. Please Come Home For Christmas by The Eagles


I admit that I had heard this song many times on the radio, but I don't know its name. Oh, yes. I don't know its name. But whenever I hear it, I always like it. 

To find out its name, I had to listen carefully to the lyrics and plug those words into the search engine (Google, duh). 

But this song is amazing. It is like one of the sadder songs (like Number 3 on this list), but sadness is easily an emotion to wield.

Okay. Now I just sound weird.

5. Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby 


I bet that half of you guys know this song because of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. No? Oh, well. It was worth a shot.

But I had been singing this song while walking on the streets sugar-high. Oh, yes. If you hear someone singing this song off-key, that was probably me.

MELE KALIKIMAKA! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

^If you heard that, that was most definitely not me.

Alright, guys. Number five, and this brings this post to a close. What Christmas song is your favorite? Put your answers in the comments.

Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We treasure every comment like its....well treasure. =)